- ALL Live ZOOM Class Participants WILL BE VISIBLE in the archives of HoedenatHome.com
- Students can jump into a class anytime during the year.
- STUDENT’S REAL NAMES MAY NOT BE USED IN ANY PORTION OF HOEDEN
- Practice with ZOOM to change your name in class to that of your homeschool or the student’s handle.
- *There are NO LIVE Classes during Hoeden Breaks. (Check the Hoeden Calendar by clicking “Start Here” in the Hoeden Menu for Vacation Dates.)
- To watch a live class video from its class page, make sure you are using a CHROME web browser; type in your student’s HANDLE, and join at the scheduled time and day.
- To watch from the Zoom app, click the link below the video box on its class page and make sure your student’s HANDLE is the name displayed during class.
INTERESTING PLACES (GEOGRAPHY)
*Sept – August 2021/2022
Mondays at 2:00 PM EST
Mount Everest *September
The Taj Mahal *Jan
White House *Feb
The Brooklyn Bridge *March
Where is Hollywood *May
The Tower of London *June
What is Congress *July
The Empire State Building *August
JAPANESE I & II
Japanese is an Evergreen Class taught yearly
January – September.
Mondays at 4:00 PM EST
*Begins from the beginning LIVE on Zoom January 2022.
Tuesdays at 2:00 PM EST
|The Alamo *September|
Battle of Gettysburg *October
|Climate Change *Jan|
|The World Series *Feb|
|The Age of Exploration *March|
|Bombing of Hiroshima *June|
|The Stanley Cup *July|
|The Roaring Twenties *Aug|
|The Women’s Rights Movement *Sept|
Tuesdays at 3:00 PM EST
Class #1 The class as a whole will write a story about a photo shown during class. After class, students will write a story of their own. Each student can use the class story, part of the class story, or write an original piece of their own about whatever they wish.
Class #2 will be reading day. Each student may read their story to the class.
HISTORY THROUGH MUSIC
“We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billie Joel
Tuesdays at 4:00 PM EST
SCIENCE –BODY SYSTEMS
Anat. & Phys./Essay Practice
Wednesdays at 2:00 PM EST
Ages 12+: This is a collaborative class. Each System will have 2 weeks of study.
Class #1 will be collaborative research about the system and organs. After class, students will write a 5 Paragraph Essay about an organ in the system.
Class #2 will be essay reading. The essay will be written at the student’s ability level. Longer essays are absolutely fine.
History: Women in History
Wednesdays at 3:00 PM EST
- Eleanor Roosevelt: Book *September
- J.K. Rowling: Book *October
- Julia Child: Book *Nov&Dec (Includes Holiday Cooking Show & Tell)
- Maria Tallchief: Book *January
- Oprah Winfrey: Book *February
- Aretha Franklin: Book *March
- Harriet Beecher Stowe: Book *May
COMPUTER SCIENCE: CODING
Wednesdays at 4:00 PM EST